The Griffioen has a range of over hundred cultural courses to choose from. Do you like dancing? Try our spectacular salsa course, jazz dance courses, classical ballet and many more! More interested in visual arts? We organize eight different painting and fashion courses. Do you play an instrument and do you want to play in an orchestra? The VU-Orchestra and the VU-Choir organize their rehearsals in the Griffioen.
Open Week from Monday 30 January till Thursday 2 February
Come join our dance classes for free this week! Afro Mix, Jazzdance, Classical Ballet, Modern Dance, Salsa, or try them all! Come on in from Monday January 30 till Thursday February 2, but pay attention: places are limited!
For English speakers it is possible to enroll for all visual courses (except photography), all massage courses, all make-up courses and meditation, all dance and music courses. It is not possible to enroll for any of the theatre and writing courses.
Four courses are given in English: meditation, meditation - growing in relations, homemade fashion and mindfulness.
You can sign up for a course in two ways:
Online at this website (payment with Visa, Mastercard, Visa or Maestro) or at our ticket and information office (opening hours monday till friday from 5 till 10.30 p.m.). Your course registration expires after being absent twice without letting us or the teacher know. If a course is sold out, an extra course will be started if possible. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested.
University students, HBO students and VU employees and alumni are given discount on their admission. We ask for your discount card during your visits in the Griffioen: make sure you bring them with you!
Discount cards can be:
- For university and HBO students: valid student card,
- For VU employees: some proof that you are employed at the VU,
- For VU alumni: a copy of your graduation bull.
When signing up online you will be asked for your student number or your employee number.
Refund and cancellation
- In case of insufficient registrations the Griffioen can cancel a course. The student will be informed as soon as possible by e-mail. The paid amount will be refunded to your bank account.
- In case of illness of the teacher, the student will be informed by e-mail. The missed class will be catched up at the end of the course.
- With less than the minimum number of students a course can continue with less classes.
- Cancellation by a student is only possible by mail (email@example.com) until two weeks before the start of the course. We charge a € 10,- administration fee for cancellation.
- When transferring to another course there is no refund paid at a price difference of less than € 10, - with the old course.