In the Griffioen we follow the governmental guidelines. We ask our visitors to do the same. This means keeping a distance of one and a half meters from others, sneeze and cough in your elbow, use paper towels and wash your hands with soap and water.
Furthermore we have marked walking paths throughout the building to help you keep your distance from your fellow visitors. Our personnel will guide you. The theatre and its amenities are cleaned thoroughly on a regular basis and there are several disinfection stands where you can clean your hands before and after your visit.
The ventilation system works by measuring the quality of the air and there are special filters installed. The filters have recently been replaced. There are air filters in the foyer as well so you do not need to worry about the quality of the air during your visit.
OUR HOUSE RULES
- Make sure that you are present 15 to 30 minutes in advances. You cannot enter the building before this time. If you are not on time you won’t be able to enter the hall.
- You can only visit the Griffioen on reservation. Make sure you have a valid ticket with you. Please bring a proof of discount, if you have bought your ticket at a reduced price.
- Community college, university of applied science, and university students: proof of registration in the current academic year
- Cardholders: CJP-card, Amsterdam or Amstelveen municipality card
- VU-employees: proof of employment by the VU
Please mind: VUmc-employees do not get a discount
- Our employees will guide you on arrival. Please follow their instructions.
- Our cloakroom is closed. You can take your coat and/or bag into the hall.
- There is no intermission. You can order your drinks at the bar before the start of your show and you can take your drinks into the hall. You cannot leave the hall during the show.
- The bar will be closed after the show. You cannot stay at the Griffioen.
- Payment by pin only.
- You can visit the restroom before the show starts. However we recommend you use the restroom at home.
- You cannot use the restroom during the show, unless it is an emergency. It is possible that you cannot return to your seat after.
- Seating is available in blocks of 1 or 2 seats.
- You cannot pick your own seat. Our employees will guide you to your seat.
- Make sure that you and your company arrive at the same time so our employee can place you as close together as possible in blocks of 1 or 2 seats.
After the show
- After the show you must remain in your seat. Our employees will give you instructions and guide you out of the hall.
Please follow the instructions of our employees at all times.
Please answer these questions before your visit:
- Have you (or any of your companions) had one or more of the following health issues in the last 14 days:
a cold, stuffiness, coughing, or a fever (38 degrees celsius or higher)?
- Do you (or any of your companions) have a roommate who suffers from one or more of the issues mentioned above?
- Have you (or any of your companions) been in contact with anyone who is infected with the corona virus in the last 14 days?
If the answer to 1 or more of these questions is YES, then we must ask you not to visit the Griffioen.
If you have any questions about your visit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.